Grilled Apple and Radicchio Salad with Apricot Ale Vinaigrette
- 3 cups Apricot Ale
- 1 cup sweet cooking wine (e.g., Mirin)
- 1 cup honey
- 2 apples; peeled, halved and cored
- 2 radicchio; halved and cored
- 4-5 sprigs of rosemary; de-stemmed and minced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp shallots; minced
- 1 ½ tsp white granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp garlic; minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- Cook wine and honey in a shallow pan for 10 minutes on low heat, stirring constantly.
- Combine 2 cups Apricot Ale with wine and honey. Marinate apples (peeled, halved and cored), with ½ of rosemary, in mixture. Let stand for 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 cup Apricot Ale, shallots, garlic, salt and remainder of rosemary. Whisking briskly, add canola oil until emulsified. Reserve for vinaigrette.
- Heat grill to high. On the grill, place radicchio (halved and cored) until leaves char. Set aside. Remove apples from marinade and grill until marked.
- Serve radicchio and apples on a bed of spinach. Drizzle vinaigrette on salad and boldly go where no fruit has gone before.